The power going out means everything shutting down including your fridge.
In a situation such as this, it becomes important to find out how to reset a Samsung fridge after a power outage.
To reset a Samsung fridge after a power outage, unplug the fridge and wait for 10 minutes. Now plug the fridge back in before pressing and holding the “Energy” and “Lighting” buttons. This will reset the fridge. For a hard reset, press and hold the “Fridge” and “Freezer” buttons.
The process should take no more than a few seconds after you have plugged in the fridge. It’s normal to want to quickly reset the Samsung fridge after the power goes out but you have to stay patient.
Wait for those 10 minutes after unplugging the Samsung fridge. Just let it sit and cool down.
This will ensure the resetting process goes ahead without issue.
For more on how to reset a Samsung fridge after a power outage, this article will explain what’s required to do things the right way.
Best Fridge Bins (EDITOR’S CHOICE)
- SET OF PANTRY ORGANIZER - Set of clear fridge organizers and storage box allows for better grocery management by providing...
- NOT DISHWASHER SAFE – Clean the freezer organizer bins with hands using a light detergent and water (temperature range -20...
- GREAT STORAGE CAPACITY - The fridge organizers and storage clear are big enough to accommodate commodities in good quantity...
Last update on 2023-02-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Steps To Reset A Samsung Fridge After Power Outage
1. Unplug the Fridge & Wait For 10 Minutes
If a Samsung fridge is not cooling after a power outage, this means the fridge has to be reset.
You will need to start with the basics by unplugging the fridge.
This is a common strategy that is used to ensure electricity isn’t overloading the fridge after the power comes back on. This can happen and it’s important to keep the Samsung fridge safe.
Now, you will want to let the fridge cool down for at least 10 minutes.
You can wait longer if you believe it’s best to do so. However, 10 minutes is more than enough for a reset.
2. Plug In And Let Fridge Turn On
When the 10 minutes are up, it’s time to plug the fridge back in.
You will want to wait for the Samsung fridge to power back up. This will take a few seconds and then you will hear the fridge start whirring a bit.
This is normal.
You will want to let the fridge turn on and then reset it. If it does not turn on, this means you will have to move forward without waiting for the sound.
Be attentive as you will want to pick up on these little signs when resetting a Samsung fridge for the first time.
3. Press And Hold “Energy” + “Lighting” Buttons
Your eyes now have to go to the buttons on the control panel.
This is how you are going to reset a Samsung fridge at home.
The goal here is to press and hold the “Energy” and “Lightning” buttons on the control panel. You will want to do this together as that will initiate the resetting process.
Make sure to press and hold the buttons for at least 5-10 seconds. This is the only way things are going to be activated the way you want them to be.
At this point, the fridge will start resetting and you will hear subtle noises coming from the fridge before it powers back on.
4. Press And Hold “Fridge” And “Freezer” Buttons For Hard Reset (If Necessary)
Let’s assume the first strategy does not work.
This is not the end of the world as there is a backup in the form of a hard reset.
To hard reset a Samsung fridge after a power outage, you are going to want to press and hold the buttons “Fridge” And “Freezer” together. Do this for 5-10 seconds and the Samsung fridge will go through a hard reset.
This is just like a traditional reset except everything will go back to factory settings.
Do You Have To Reset A Refrigerator After A Power Outage?
You don’t have to reset a refrigerator after a power outage. If the fridge turns back on and works as expected, there is no reason to reset it. However, if the control panel is blinking or the fridge hasn’t turned on, it’s best to reset it.
This is how to reset a Samsung fridge after a power outage.
To reset a Samsung fridge after a power outage, start by unplugging the appliance for 10 minutes. Now plug it back in, press and hold the buttons “Lighting” and “Energy” to reset the fridge. For a hard reset, you can press and hold the buttons “Fridge” and “Freezer” at the same time.
This will take care of the fridge after a power outage.
Read More On Kitchens:
- Tips To Fix Frozen Samsung Fridge Screen
- How To Fix A Hot Fridge Compressor
- Reasons For Formaldehyde Smell In Fridge
- Main Cause For A Samsung Fridge Not Cooling With Light On
- How To Fix Error Code 39 C For Samsung Fridge
- The Easiest Way To Turn On A Samsung Fridge
- Why Is The Samsung Fridge Not Dumping Ice?
- Reasons The Samsung Fridge’s Water Filter Is Stuck
- How Much Electricity Does An Aging Fridge Require?
- How To Move 33″ Fridge Through Tight Opening